Scrap box challenge


Does everyone have a problem using up scraps of paper, or throwing them away, or is it just me? My scrap box gets out of control quite quickly, so a few weeks ago I started to clear it out and use some of the bits that had accumulated and were too small to save, but needed using and not just recycling.

Here is batch number two of said cards!

Bright and busy DSP lent itself to a simple card with the addition of a sentiment, a scrap of ribbon and the two cute butterflies!

Some more chevron ribbon, a punched sentiment, and a lovely stamped and water coloured flower from the classy Everything Eleanor stamp set. Perfect.

Another classy card. This time Four Frames to provide the sentiment frame, and a little bit of decoupage to finish off. Once again chevron ribbon is fab!

Back to the modern look, some cocktails and some texture from the embossing folder. And a different ribbon this time… Some scrap red silky ribbon.

Finally something a bit different again…

The Sunflower stamp, teamed with grungy papers and some print (First Edition) and the added splotches from Gorgeous Grunge. Fab!

Not bad for an hours play and using up scraps!

Happy crafting!


Playing with my colours again!


A few months ago I started making colour charts in a little sketch book for all my ink pads… Here is the link. Then I did something similar with my Promarkers in a journal … Again here is the link… So now I have started on some of my other mediums…

First up my Inktense pencils. I coloured little swatches in and washed them with water, then punched out butterflies and adhered them into the book with the names and codes next to them. I then stamped a Swallowtail and some of the bricks Darcy designed and coloured and painted them in using the Inktense for the “cover” page.



Next I moved onto the Spectrum Noir Pencils which I got in the 3 for 2 offer at Hobbycraft fairly recently. I decided for these to stamp a little banner from Banner Blast colour it in, add the pencil colour number, and then punch out with the small banner punch then adhere into the book. But then I also created a little theme for each collection of colours using the fabulous stamps Darcy has created! The fabulous Steampunk snail, an Industrial Butterfly and cogs and the trailing heart vines (my favourite and possibly most used stamp Darcy has created so far… Although the new heart flower is coming up as a close second!).





It’s such a good way to test out the mediums and also have a play with a pretty result at the end… And a nice way to look at the colours so you know what the end result may be when you put them to use.

Happy crafting!


Thursday treasures! Photo prompt!


Hi there! Time for another Thursday Treasures challenge!

And this week I am feeling a little fruity … So here is the photo prompt!


Now you could interpret this so many ways!!!

I decided to scrap a picture of the princess blackberry picking which I had already digitally altered with the words. I picked some random papers I had which had a sort of vegetable theme so had a nice topper I could use. I decided to create tags from the patterned papers to make it nice and busy and bright… Just like the fruit!

This was my initial layout when I put it together…


But then when I went to finish the page it completely altered!


Not sure if I actually prefer the end layout or not, but love the texture of using the fringe scissors (first use having had them for several months!) and as it’s all stuck down now I can’t change it! :) maybe a case of letting it rest not working as well and maybe it was more about me finishing the page when my brain was in the wrong place! Ah well… It is done now and I don’t dislike it, just think I preferred the first layout!

Happy crafting!


Eleanor’s birthday card


I have another card to share with you today … One I made over a month ago for the daughter of my cousin! I wanted it to be bright and bold… Because that suits Eleanor’s personality and so immediately went for my DARCY stamps, and in particular the heart flower she has designed from one of the latest sets.


Aren’t they fab? I went for painting them with the SU inks and then also stamps the outline alpha down the one side for her name, and then on a separate piece the 2. The sentiment is from a really old Blonde Moments set which I stamped separately and doodled around. When I went to put it on the card blank I felt it needed a mount that matched, so I cut some cardstock a little bigger than the piece I had stamped, and then randomly stamped the flower part all over the edges, then washed the whole thing in the Melon mambo ink I had used as the main colour for the flowers. This made a perfectly coordinating mat.

I of course had to also decorate the envelope…


Fun and funky for the gorgeous Eleanor!

Happy crafting!


Tidying up the scrap box


I have recently had a bit of a tidy up! Mainly of the scrap box and got rid of things I really would never use by making the pieces big enough into envelopes for the lunch money for the princess! Ingenious use of paper that I otherwise would throw into the recycling! Or at least I think it is!

I have also been making up some quick and simple cards with the bits that were a bit to small to save but too pretty to throw away… Those really small bits and pieces you just can’t quite part with … So here is a selection of the cards I made using such cute bits and pieces!

A bright combination of Afternoon Daydreams, Summer Silhouettes & Papillion Pot Pourri with a splash of additional colour with the chevron ribbon!

Watercoloured Simply Sketched flower with my Inktense pencils (lush!) and used some random scraps of paper. Lovely little Itty bitty Banners sentiment too!

The fabulous Henry Says sits happily on the I am Me DSP scraps for this bright celebratory card!

Love how a delve in the scraps box can give me these three very different cards! I did some more but you will have to wait to see them!

Happy crafting!